IoT Bit is proud to present the 4G Development board, a 4G HAT for the Raspberry Pi which provides 3G mobile data for the Raspberry Pi mini computer. Our intelligent HAT module provides your Raspberry Pi with mobile data, GPS positioning information and battery support. This is the perfect module for hackers, scientists, and creators as it gives your Pi powerful connectivity wherever you are. Simply plug our module into your Raspberry Pi and start playing.
(4.5 mbps) – Fast internet connectivity for web browsing and data transfers for your Raspberry Pi, excellent for large downloads and video streaming.
The HAT can integrate easily with the software on your operating system giving you access to general internet data through the mobile network. Using our API this hat gives you the ability to send SMS (text) messages. We also give easy access to the GPS onboard which exposes location data.
We now have an Upgrade Antenna for 3G & 4G LTE. Just pick Upgrade or High speed in the selection menu or if you want them separately here is the link:
- Supports any micro Sim. Slot your Sim card in and get going.
- 4G Mobile Data for the Raspberry Pi.
- Easy set-up, with a single terminal command setup our software to streamline IoT Bit with your Raspberry Pi.
- Wake up your Pi or trigger events with text messages.
- Optional external antenna for better reception.
- High-efficiency power regulation up to 3 amps.
- Use for external projects with a solar panel and battery pack.
- It can be used in conjunction with our Sensly gas monitoring HAT.
Mobile Data Options for the Raspberry Pi mini computer:
- GSM (85 kbps) – Perfect for logging data from sensors and controlling your Raspberry Pi.
- 3G (4.5 mbps) – Fast internet connectivity for web browsing and small data transfers.
- 4G (100 mbps down/ 50 mbps up) – Ultra fast internet connectivity for your Raspberry Pi, excellent for large downloads and video streaming.
IoT Bit operates at 3.3V, its power supply can be either a 3.6 – 4.2V LiPo battery with a battery protection IC or a 5V USB cable with a minimum of 2A current rating. If you are powering a Raspberry Pi 3 then it will need to have a minimum of 2.5A current rating.
Power Consumption Operation // Current Draw
- Idle ~25mA
- Modem on ~100mA
- Sending SMS ~200mA
- Making Call ~250mA
- Transmitting Data ~400mA
- Raspberry Pi 1-2-3
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Asus Tinkerboard
- Rock 64
- Orange Pi
- Samsung artiks Eagleye board
More coming soon…
- 1 x 3G Board
- 1 x 40 pin header
- 1 x GPS antenna
- 2 x signal antenna
- 1 x USB cable to micro USB
- 1 Instruction sheet
Command Set Application Notes
The Bands for LTE are as follows:
Download Max Speed
Upload Max Speed
Virgin media 100MB
4G-Bit with Normal Antenna
4G-Bit with Upgrade Antenna
Diagnostics port for output developing messages
NMEA port which outputs GPS information
AT command port
Modem port for ppp dial
4G operates at 3.3V, its power supply can be either a 3.6 – 4.2V LiPo battery with a battery protection IC or a 5V USB cable with a minimum of 2A current rating. If you are powering a Raspberry Pi 3 then it will need to have a minimum of 2.5A current rating.