IoT Bit is the ultimate HAT that makes your Raspberry Pi truly useful anywhere. Our intelligent module provides GSM Mobile Data for the Raspberry Pi, battery managment and GPS positioning information. This is the perfect module for hackers, scientists, and creators as it gives your Pi powerful connectivity wherever you are. Simply plug our module into your Raspberry Pi and start playing.
IoT Bit can integrate easily with the software on your operating system giving you access to general internet data through the mobile network. Using our API this hat gives you the ability to send SMS (text) messages to communicate. We also give easy access to the GPS onboard which exposes location data.
- Supports any micro sim, just slot your sim card in and get going.
- Easy set-up, with a single terminal command setup our software to streamline IoT Bit with your Raspberry Pi.
- GSM Mobile Data for the Raspberry Pi.
- Battery support.
- Wake up your Pi or trigger events with text messages.
- Optional external antenna for better reception.
- High-efficiency power regulation up to 3 amps.
Mobile Data Options for the Raspberry Pi mini computer:
- GSM (85 kbps) – Perfect for logging data from sensors and controlling your Raspberry Pi.
- 3G (4.5 mbps) – Fast internet connectivity for web browsing and small data transfers.
- 4G (100 mbps down/ 50 mbps up) – Ultra fast internet connectivity for your Raspberry Pi, excellent for large downloads and video streaming.
IoT Bit operates at 3.3V, its power supply can be either a 3.6 – 4.2V LiPo battery with a battery protection IC or a 5V USB cable with a minimum of 2A current rating. If you are powering a Raspberry Pi 3 then it will need to have a minimum of 2.5A current rating.
Power Consumption Operation // Current Draw
- Idle ~25mA
- Modem on ~100mA
- Sending SMS ~200mA
- Making Call ~250mA
- Transmitting Data ~400mA
- Raspberry Pi 1-2-3
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Asus Tinkerboard
- Rock 64
- Orange Pi
- Samsung artiks Eagleye board
More coming soon…
- 1 x GSM Board
- 1 x 40 pin header
- 1 x GPS antenna
- 2 x signal antenna
- 1 x USB cable to micro USB
- 1 Instruction sheet
Command Set Application Notes
The Bands for GSM are as follows:
1 – Diagnostics port for output developing messages
2 – NMEA port which outputs GPS information
3 – AT command port
4 – Modem port for ppp dial
5 – USB-Audio port